speed bleeders -- good stuff

To: Triumph Mail Exploder <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: speed bleeders -- good stuff
From: Michael Galloway <mgx@spruce.lsd.ornl.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:56:32 -0400
good day all ...

i installed a set of speed bleeders on my '78 spit this weekend and was
very pleasantly suprised at how well they worked. i've had trouble getting
the brakes bled very well since i purchased the car a year and a half ago:
the old bleeder valves always leaked air around the threads. i tried teflon
tape, and i tried the mityvac, both with rather poor results. i put the speed
bleeders in and in 15 minutes i had a really solid pedal. good and bad. now
i've got good enough brake that i can feel quite a bit of pulsing in the brake
pedal when i step on it hard. my lbc mechanic claimed that my rear drums were
out of round (this car had had a rather traumatic incident, unreported by the
dpo), but i would have thought that the cast drums would break before they
deformed. oh well, at least i have bad good brakes now ...

i bought five speed bleeders figuring to keep one as a spare, but then i got
to thinking i'd use it to replace the bleeder on the clutch slave. does anyone
know if the clutch bleeder is the same size as the brake bleeders on the spit?

tia

--
-- michael galloway
  '78 spitfire