O/D questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: O/D questions
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:18:27 -0400
Greetings listers NOT going to the VTR comvention,

I recently had an overdrive gearbox built for my TR3B. Installed it a week
ago, got a few bugs worked out, and yesterday I hooked up the electricals
as per the wiring diagram in the TRF TR3 Glovebox Companion.

Upon testing, I discovered the O/D soleniod will energize when the shifter
is in second, third and fourth. It will not energize in first and reverse.
So far, so good. But, the soleniod is NOT engaged when in neutral. This
means, if I were to shift from third to fourth with the O/D switch on, the
O/D drops out during the shift, then back in when fourth is selected. Is
this normal?

Also, I ran the new, longer speedo cable. Does anyone know the routing the
speedo cable takes in a TR3 with O/D?

I ran the cable down the same frame channel as the non-O/D speedo cable,
then crossed under the rear of the gearbox and made the bend to attach to
the right side of the O/D unit. It seems too close to the exhaust for me.

Thanks.
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 TR3B   TCF1927 L       Driver
 TR250  CD690 L         Soon to be Driver
 TR250  CD8096 L        Someday Driver
 TR250  CD1074 L        Some Brave Soul Other Than Me
                        Will Make This A Driver!