TR6 values

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 values
From: Martyn and Chris Ward <m+cward@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 08:44:08
Hi, folks.

I'm a newbie on the List, and contemplating the purchase of a TR6 as an
addition to our meagre vehicular stable.  The car will be a daily driver
for my wife who is tired of driving anonymous runabouts and wants something
with an appropriate combination of performance, style and practicality.
The winters here (in Victoria, British Columbia) are wet but we do not salt
our roads, so cars can be kept in reasonable condition.

To get to the point, I have found, but not yet seen, a '72 TR6 which the
owner describes as all original, rust-free with 52,000 miles on it.  The
car is a good three-hour drive away from where I live. The PO painted big
stripes from end to end, so the present owner had the car re-painted to
obliterate them (the car is its original mustard yellow).  The new paint is
very good, but not concours.  The car has a factory hardtop, soft-top and
tonneau.  Seats and carpets are "perfect", dash is very good, clutch is
new, chrome is "excellent".  The car does not have overdrive.

My question is: what sort of price range does this car fall into?  I'd
really appreciate comments from anyone in the US and Canada regarding
prices and anything else I should be aware of or learn about before I pawn
the family silver.  Please reply off-list if you prefer if this will avoid
boring everyone else.  Many thanks,

Martyn
m+cward@islandnet.com