Re: Car show experience

To: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Car show experience
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 08:51:35 -0700
I generally agree.  When deciding what British car to get, I talked to many
other car owners.  I ended up looking for a TR4-TR6, and got a TR6.

My impression of Triumph owners is that they have their cars to drive them.
Those that strive for originality are pretty tolerant of those after
performance and modifications.

I think there is a place for individuals who are concourse correct down to
the last washer, though I will never be one of them.  Given a choice, I
normally turn to stock; however, I also find the modifications people make
very interesting.  It's great when a modified car looks like it came that
way.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6 generally stock except:  electronic ignition, daytime running lights,
rear tube shocks, and 205/65 tires, all of which can be undone if I want a
"correct" car.  Near term modifications include air horns and cruise
control.