apple hydraulics & brake master cylinder

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: apple hydraulics & brake master cylinder
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:22:05 -0600
About a month ago I received and installed a rebuilt brake MC from Apple
Hydraulics on my TR6. The marked improvement in braking (actually more of a
consistency in the pedal feel on every stop) was augmented by the welcome
lack of weeping brake fluid from the MC/servo interface.

Well yesterday I noticed that although the brakes still feel as god as they
did when I first installed the MC, the weeping has resurfaced. The bottom of
the MC at the servo has a small amount of brake fluid. Of course it has
already started to eat away the freshly applied paint on the bottom half of
the servo.

Is it normal for a resleeved (with brass to OEM size) MC to exhibit this
weeping so soon after installation? I want to get some feedback from the
list prior to calling Apple to ask 'em wassup.

BTW, I not on the british cars list, only the triumphs list so if anyone
from just the BC list replies, can you please CC me direct? Thanks.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---