A Dimes Worth of Rust

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A Dimes Worth of Rust
From: Kiitsg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 19:10:15 EDT
I have a 1969 Triumph TR6 that I purchased after a full restoration.  The car
has been garaged 3 years before I bought it.  My problem is that it has a
"dime-size" spot of bubbled paint at the rear passenger side corner of the
hood (bonnet).  I need to fix this spot.  Local body shops want $400+ to fix
it.  A new hood is $465 plus paint.  Has anyone got a procedure that will
work.  I do not have access to a spray booth, but there has to be an
economical way to restore this minor imperfection before it becomes major.
The car looks great otherwise.  Any proven help would be greatly appreciated.