RE:Making dreams come true

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE:Making dreams come true
From: kurt oblinger <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:07:39 -0700
Cc: "'jonmac@ndirect.co.uk'" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Jon,
Great story, an SS100 is high on my list of ultimates. Last year I was shooting
photos at Pebble Beach just after the awards were concluded when a fellow asked
if I could shoot some of a car he looks after. Agreed in a heartbeat and they
brought the car over to a clear spot on the field with Carmel Bay in the
background. Burned a full roll of 35mm and another of 2 1/4. Then asked a small
favor of the owner, a ride! Well the 18th fairway a Pebble isn't exactly a race
course but it is smooth! saw the top end of second gear. Oh the sound!! The
car, Bugatti Type 39 ( a 35 with a special 1.5 litre engine) one of 5 built,
(if I remember my Conway correctly)ex-team car and ex-Malcolm Campbell,
Brooklands racer.

Sometimes, life is very good.

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger