Re: Geezers and Hormones

To: Ct54531@aol.com
Subject: Re: Geezers and Hormones
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:07:52 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 12:57 18/07/98 EDT, you wrote:

>Geez, what is it with the constant references to testosterone? I seem to
>recall a recent "study" that indicated that females were at least as prone to
>agressive driving as males - even more so according to some. Do we make
>estrogen references in that regard? Let me bet that those who find
>testosterone to be the root of all evil would be appalled at a "time of the
>month" reference in the same context?

Indeed.

For me, it's adrenaline that provides the kick, but I try to keep my brushes
with death very wide. And, I figure, dangerously aggressive drivers probably
suffer from a shortage of certain neurotransmitters, as opposed to an excess
of testosterone!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia