Engine bay valances

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine bay valances
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:22:33 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Ray,
About 10 years ago I had the same problem with my Mk I Spit. I bought a
brown pressed board from home depot. I can't recall what it is called but it
is about 1/8" thick, has smooth brown on one surface and a rough reverse
side. I painted it with multiple coats of black Krylon which it readily
soaked up. The Mk I has formed metal top, front, and rear edges which were
held with rivits. I removed, prepped and painted the old metal pieces. Then
cut the press board to match the old valances, then painted it, then
attached the metal pieces. 10 years later the still look good with no sign
of rot.
Dan Elder