Re: Mystery pin/clutch-gearbox?(2)

To: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Mystery pin/clutch-gearbox?(2)
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:14:47 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
bill wrote:

> Stu,
>
> There should be two pins to keep the throw out bearing from spinning; one
> of these?
>
> I am still trying to figure out the whereabouts of the 3/8 x 1/8dia pin I
>found by the tranny.It is not:
a) A flywheel locating pin, all 3 are there
b) from the gearlever anti rattle pin and spring
c) the throwout bearing has one pin, except its not round, sticking
across the groove to prevent spinning, but I see no hole for another.

I am beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with the car, although
I don't know where else it could have come from.

Stu
74 Tr6 80 TR8