tr6 oil pressure gauge line

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: tr6 oil pressure gauge line
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:11:07 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter,

I bought an oil pressure gauge and line from Moss, for my TR7. It is copper,
and I recommend it.

It was a bit long, however, and I didn't remember to tidy it up under the
dash, after I fitted it. A few weeks later, I was going around and around in
a multi-storey car park, and it snagged on my steering column and broke
(well, after I wrenched the wheel straight it broke). I was able to stop the
leak by repeatedly crimping it and folding it. At home, I cut out the bad
sectin and rejoined the line with a bit of copper tube that just slid over
the ends of the line, and soldered it. No problems 2 years later.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia