Re: visor droop

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: visor droop
From: "Roger Berggren" <e_red@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 07:18:12 PDT

Ya' Know I am having the same probelms with the Visors that I just
replaced on my Spitfire.  I didn't want to just tape my clean visors to
the Windshield with Duct Tape, but it is quite a sight to see a guy
driving with one hand on the Gearshift, one and the other holding the
visor up.  Maybe I need a Girlfriend to help?

Roger Berggren
79 Spitfire

as a newcomer to TR6s (6 weeks) i figure i can still get away with a
trivial question or two.  this time it's about sun visors.  i replaced
the classic "bags of rot" with crisp new visors from TRF.  goodbye rot,
hello droop.  they just hang there.

so what's the secret to get the visors to adhere more tightly to the
inner and outer mounting bars?  it feels like there is a metal flange
inside the visor--are you supposed to crimp the flange around the bars?
if so, how do you avoid damaging the visor?

thanks.

ian  CF57345