Re: Transmission filler plug Help Needed (Updated)

To: "Stag List" <stag@digest.net>, "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Transmission filler plug Help Needed (Updated)
From: "The Browns" <thebrown@digital.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:55:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to all who gave me suggestions on how to remove this stubborn plug.
I tried several all suggestions, but removing the tranny and removing the
tunnel cover to gain access.  It would appear that previous owners/shops
have rounded the square edges and distorted the stub.  On close examination,
it may be that the plug is cross threaded as well.  I was looking in the
Harbor freight catalog and noted a "Gator Grip" Universal Socket, which uses
54 pins to grips all types of nuts from 1/4" to 3/4".  Has anyone used this
tool?  If it works like it says, maybe this might get this stubborn plug
out.
Darwin Brown
'71 Stag
'65 TR4