RE: Soft Top Frames

To: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Soft Top Frames
From: "Georgas, Bill (MCI)" <Bill.Georgas@mci.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:32:43 -0600
Bud,

Comments below:

Bill
bill.georgas@mci.com
972 273 1714 - Voice/Fax
www.ispsvcs.mci.com
'72 TR6

 1)  Can I adjust the cantrails somehow.
         I believe you can adjust these rails holding the weather stripping
by loosening several machine screws on each rail.  You'll find the holes
within the rails are elongated to allow adjustment.
        [
> 2)  If not, can I replace them and how is that done (e.g.  how do you
> remove the
> rivets and
> replace them...they are pretty sturdy rivets?

        I'd also try to get a look at another TR6 top, and compare your top
to it.  I recently rebuilt mine, and there are different combinations of
spacers, washers and fasteners that are used at different points  Perhaps
you top was previously "adjusted", and this is contributing to your problem.
Finally, the top frame should be reasonably symmetric.    It's built of mild
steel, so you may be able to "rack/twist" the top to get it back to normal

> Any suggestions short of buying a new frame?

        I'd also check with a local LBC junkyard, them seem to want to sell
entire assemblies, but you may be able to find just the pieces you need.

        Good Luck!