Soft Top Frames

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Soft Top Frames
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:02:59 -0400
Does anyone have any experience or tips in adjusting the frame for the soft top?
 The frame on my TR6 seems to be out of adjustment or maybe bent...I'm not sure.

The two pieces (TRF calls them the Front Roof Cantrail Assembly and the Rear
Roof Cantrail Assembly - 2 on each side) that come together to form the top seal
for the windows do not exactly meet up.  They appear off center (one kind goes
towards the interior and the other towards the outside) and they aren't in a
straight line horizontally when the top is up.  Consequently the channels
holding the rubber seals are off kelter and the seals don't touch the window for
the most part, which makes for nice place for rain to come in.

1)  Can I adjust the cantrails somehow.

2)  If not, can I replace them and how is that done (e.g.  how do you remove the
rivets and
replace them...they are pretty sturdy rivets?

Any suggestions short of buying a new frame?

Thanks Bud