air injectors...what's the dif?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: air injectors...what's the dif?
From: Toad@nlights.net
Date: 24 Jul 1998 17:22:26 PST
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the response on my request for an air injector assembly for
my 78 1500. I will get back to each of you as time allows---please don't
think I've forgotten you.

Anyways, I have a question.  I've come to find out that there are at
least three variations on these air injectors for my engine. As these
are just passage ways for the air pump, I can't imagine why one engine
would require a different injector rail than a duplicate motor in
another rig---especially since the differences appear only to be very
minor?  Is the difference simply one of fit? Ie. was there a different
rail used on the Midget 1500 motor to allow for the lack of space under
the hood as compared to the Spitfire?  Will interchanging these things
one for another make any difference at all???

Any clues or advice? My project motor was originally from a Midget. The
PO had big ideas for this engine and conveniently got rid of most of the
original equipment. Local emission laws have forced me to reassemble the
emissions system to get this damned thing licensed sooooo...here I am...

Oh, btw, the PO also got rid of the original crank pulley (the one with
two slots for belts) and left me with a pully that will only run one
belt.  Anyone have an original that they would like to sell or trade for
the one I have?

Thanks,

Will