TR4 estucheon question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 estucheon question
From: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 13:14:57 -0700
Good Day All: On a NON overdrive TR4, is a "blank: estucheon used on the
right side of the steering column below the wheel ? I have one for each
side; one for turn signals and the other for the o.d., but as I
mentioned earlier I have a bad tranny hooked to the overdive. I
installed the original spare NON overdrive tranny last nite, and it
works very well. So well, that I have decided for financial reasons and
authenticity, to leave the original tranny in place.
I cannot tell by the photos I have what the opposite side of the column
looks like when o.d. is not used.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Dennis Barr