Re: TR4 estucheon question

To: tr357@cdsnet.net
Subject: Re: TR4 estucheon question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 21:22:03 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Good Day All: On a NON overdrive TR4, is a "blank: estucheon used on the
 right side of the steering column below the wheel ? I have one for each
 side; one for turn signals and the other for the o.d., but as I
 mentioned earlier I have a bad tranny hooked to the overdive. I
 installed the original spare NON overdrive tranny last nite, and it
 works very well. So well, that I have decided for financial reasons and
 authenticity, to leave the original tranny in place.
 I cannot tell by the photos I have what the opposite side of the column
 looks like when o.d. is not used.
 Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 Dennis Barr >>

Hello Dennis

You are correct, there's a "blank" version of the OD switch escutcheon. Should
be pretty easy to find a used one.
Question for you: why not just leave the switch in place. Eventually you may
want to go back to the OD trans. If not I'll swap you a blank escutcheon for
your OD! I'll even pick up the freight!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B