Re: Disc Rotor Thickness

To: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Subject: Re: Disc Rotor Thickness
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:13:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I believe all spits started with 0.375" thick rotors (I'd suggest you check
yours against this number, should be close even measured with a ruler) and
in general, up to 0.060" may be removed with safety, so that a final
thickness of 0.315" should be OK, but any reputable brake shop should be
able to find the original specs, measure (micrometer) your rotors and tell
you whether your rotors can be machined or if they're already too thin
any other spitfire drivers with alternative opinions?
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  VTR #11526  *Spit happens*
I am at one with my duality.