Bumper Bar Info

To: "triumphs-owner@autox.team.net" <triumphs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bumper Bar Info
From: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:31:56 -0400
When I first got my GT-6 it had a beautiful chrome (tubular steel) front
bumper bar on it.  But alas in my youthful foolishness I crunched one
day when I failed to get stopped in time.  Ever since I've been looking
for a replacement.  Now I know this was an after market addition to the
car.  The bar bolted behind the chrome bumper over riders and rose about
7 or 8 inches above and parallel to the front bumper.  I still have the
old one but it is badly creased and slightly bent and so it provides
little usefulness other then suggesting a pittance of it former self.
My question is has anybody seen one these items in their travels?
Failing in that regard does anybody know a competent machine shop -
welder who could fabricate a new one?

Jerry - 1968 GT-6 MK1