Re: TR6 steering

To: "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 steering
From: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:22:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,
Sounds like you've done all the right things, but the symptoms you describe
sound like your steering rack is moving. Might want to open the hood and
observe the rack while turning the steering wheel. Even though you have
urethane rack mount bushings, they may not be clamped well.
The only other thing I can think of is try is another set of tires and
wheels.
Good luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA