Soon to have Spit for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Soon to have Spit for sale
From: Toad@nlights.net
Date: 27 Jul 1998 18:26:54 PST
Hello!

If anyone is interested, I will soon be putting a 76 Spitfire on the
auction block.

Body painted red (paint not new but in good condition) and no rust
except for a tiny, hardly significant surface rust on a place where the
paint chipped, only one very small ding. Nose has been dented and
repaired.  Engine completely rebuilt, zero miles so far. Cylinders bored
up thirty over, new pistons and rings, new and balanced connecting rods,
Kent fast road cam, etc. New clutch and throw-out. This engine is nice!
Gearbox strong. New header. New MC, new front discs, new front pads.
Seats in great shape, carpet pretty bad, interior otherwise in very good
shape. Tires in good to ex. shape. Once had a luggage rack, but the PO
lost it!!!  Hard top in great shape, covert. top needs replacing really
bad!

The spit is not yet fully resurrected. I have to put the headers, intake
and carb on. Also need to assemble the emission control garbage. But it
should be running in August at which time I'll be running it in the
paper.

Not sure what to ask for it, honestly, so input would be appreciated. If
I sell to someone on the list I'll certainly give you a better deal than
if I sell it to someone through the classifieds.

Also have a set of Webers and manifold for a Tri. 1500 for sale. Never
used. $600

Will
Everett, WA