Re: Petronix Redux

To: "Mike Mason" <mmason@lindenwood.edu>, "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Petronix Redux
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:15:08 -0700
Mike,

Your description of symptoms meshes with my experience with a Pertronix
failure exactly. Cutting out and missing intermittantly for a couple of
days or a week and then total failure to start one morning. Popped the
points back in and drove on from there. With any aftermarket electronic
ignition its a good idea to keep the pints (oops where in the world could
my mind be) thats Points, condensor mounting screw and primary wire in the
glove box just for these little emergencys.

Dean