Re: British car pricing

To: Nathan Coraor <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: British car pricing
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: ndc12@scasd.k12.pa.us

> On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Nathan Coraor wrote:
>
> For the past year I've wanted a British car.  Dad's Spit is dead
(likely
> beyond feasable repair) and I want a British car of my own.  The
problem is
> that I don't have loads of money.  I'm looking for a working but
cheap lbc
> that probably needs a lot of work put in it to make it run well and
look
> nice.  What's a cheap lbc that I can find to do this?  I wanted a
TR6 but
> they look to be way too expensive.  A Spitfire would be ok too, but
from
> what I can make out, I think an MGB would be the cheapest.  Is this
correct?

Nathan,
I think the best thing to do is be patient and keep your eyes peeled
for a deal. I just bought a spitfire with a blown engine for $500 but
the body and interior was (is) in excellent condition. I'm currently
rebuilding another engine I picked up for the car. (Cost me $300)

The car belonged to my neighbor... It sat dorment, in their driveway
for at least 18 months. Finally I walked over there and said "Sell me
that car" and that's exactly what they did!

Check your local classifieds (or auto trader) often...

If you want to see what I got for $500 -- check out my web site at
http://www.apiinc.com/rick/spitrec.html ... I also have a search
option from my web site that cross-links and queries the "Trader
Online" server and displays spitfires classifieds ads live... You
could run a search and see what's currently available!!!

Good Luck,
Rick