VTR reflections

To: Triumphs Digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: VTR reflections
From: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:31:53 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello list:

Have been back from the VTR in Hudson for a couple of days now and
thought I would pass on some of the very warm feelings that my whole
family still has for a really well organized event.   We actually had 10
Triumphs from the 'Manitoba Triumph Drivers Club' that made their way
from Winnipeg to Hudson and despite a large tool box per car, multiple
tow ropes, many spare cans of fluids, a 2 ton car jack and more jack
stands than we could ever use, all the Winnipeg cars made the 550 miles
to Hudson and back without a trailer and without skipping a beat.

Many kudos to the Minnesota Triumphs Club for putting together a
marvelous event that had something for everyone - even for out wives and
kids who came along.  Although the meet area was fairly commercial,
there was plenty of parking and you could walk to most of the events.
The Autocross was a big hit with some of our members (one of whom even
took his BMW 635 Coupe through the course), the poker run featured
perfect sports car roads that we could only dream about on the prairies
and the final day Concours had so many perfect TR3's and TR 250's that
the judges must have been hard pressed to pick a winner.

Being my first VTR, I got to meet Triumph owners from all over North
America and I even got to personally thank Mark Bradakis for the
wonderful job he does on these mailing lists.  I guess the only downside
was the 1.5:1 exchange rate for our pitiful Canadian dollar that made
even the cheap breakfast at Perkins expensive.

Great job Minnesota Triumphs!  Hopefully, we'll get to make it to next
year's even in Portland, Maine.

Brian Lanoway
73 TR6  CF6985U
Winnipeg, Canada