Re: Indian Herald incarnations

To: "S.V.Ramani" <enecne@md3.vsnl.net.in>
Subject: Re: Indian Herald incarnations
From: jharris@wimsey.com (John Harris)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:57:01 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mr. Ramani,
an interesting if counterintuitive result from the emissions testing. I
have a 1971 GT6 which I just put through aircare here in Vancouver, I
leaned the jets half a turn and it turned in numbers less than aquarted of
the permissible emissions, and still ran fine, though a little hot (well,
we have been having thirty-degree-plus weather here, so that's not
particularly surprising!)

India has always been fascinating automotively because of the British cars
that remained in production there long after ceasing in Britain. Motorcyle
enthusiasts have a field day too with Enfields and such still being built
new.

Thanks.

John Harris
Vancouver, Canada