RE: Re[2]: Spit safety question -- LONG reply (fwd)

To: "'Andrew Mace'" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Spit safety question -- LONG reply (fwd)
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:18:53 -0500
Excellent points, Andy.  In addition to passive safety, let's not discount
active safety.  The fact is, a properly maintained Triumph in the hands of a
competent driver will simply avoid accidents that the family mini van (same
driver and situation) will have to plow into.

During the early years of my daughters life, she was often transported in a
child seat mounted between the seats on the package shelf.  I used new,
aftermarket belts mounted to my rollbar attachment points.  I generally felt
that this was a safe arrangement, but thankfully was never forced to test it.
Your mileage may vary.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!