Spit-Oil Check Valve

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit-Oil Check Valve
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Everyone!

First, I read in another post there may be a "spitfire" specific mail
list but I cannot locate it? Is there one?

I'm currently rebuilding a 1500 motor for my spitfire. I came across
an article in a magazine that said I should install an oil filter with
a check valve present. This is to prevent all the oil from draining
into the pan after the engine is turned off. The idea is oil is left
in the filter/engine to maintain lubrication during engine cranking
and thus reduce harmful wear.

Both the blown engine and my new one has a "screw-on" type filter. Do
I need to worry about this oil check valve?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

--Rick