What year GT6?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What year GT6?
From: AFilson@harland.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:16:34 -0600
I'd like to pose the following question to the members of the list
knowledgeable on the GT6,...

In your opinion,... what was the best year for the GT6?

After reading Graham Robson's really great book "Triumph Spitfire & GT6" I
think the case
could be made that the 1971 (Mark II/III?) was the high point for the car.
Why?  Rear suspension
problems had been resolved and it was right before the massive de-tuning
took place due to
the new emissions requirements for the states.

You may have guessed that I'm looking for a GT6 to purchase and am torn
between the Mark I,II,III.

Any thoughts?