Parking lot crash

To: Triumph autox <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Parking lot crash
From: Dana & Jane Du Fresne <pumacon@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:00:32 -0400
Hi everybody!

A few weeks ago my '72 TR6 was hit in a parking lot of all places.  I
didn't see it happen, but eventually found out (a few minutes later) it
was the owner of the store I was in.  So, no problem getting it fixed
(so far).  He did leave without telling me, so the accident report shows
a 'hit and run'.

Now the question is, how do I have it fixed.  The damage is minor (all
to the driver side rear qtr. panel) small buckle outward at the base on
the front wheel well and top of wheel well pushed in towards the trunk.
The options that come to mind are:

1. Normal body work method.  I understand there is a aluminum based body
filler better(?) than 'bondo'.  This would avoid breaking factory seams
and misfits due to another unknown fender fit.

2. Remove and replace fender with 'new' fender from one of the big 3.
Possible fit problems and remaking seams that look original.

3. I'm sure I can find a '72 rust free fender in good shape, probably
the fit problems lessen, but I do break the original factory seams.

Anyone have any input, other options, been there done that stories?  I
just want to get back to original as much as possible.  This is North
Carolina car with no rust and little if any filler.

TIA,

Dana
'72 TR6