TR4 Need your help again!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Need your help again!
From: "Keith McGahan" <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:26:16 PDT
First of all I want to thank everyone for all there help in find me a
distributor cam.  Now to my question/problem.  Why waiting to rebuild my
distributor I took the time to replace the battery, cap, spark plugs,
spark plug wires and caps, coil ect. When the distributor cam arrived I
rebuilt the distributor, and installed according to the  shop manual
tightened everything down.  Went to start her up and nothing except for
the started turning over.  Rechecked and rechecked all wires and even
went as far as to put old parts back on, nothing not even a puff! Could
this have something to do with the timing (followed the shop manual to
the word on checking timing)? Are there two way inwhich the distributor
fits so that it lines up with 1st?  Could the distributor cam have done
some damage when it broke that I am not able to see.  I am at a complete
lose I spent 10 hrs yesterday and still have no answers. Thanks --Keith

TR4 64--wanting to run but feeling very sick