Re: TR4 turn signal switch

To: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 turn signal switch
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:30:29 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Alan Myers wrote:

> Hah! I thought about wood (and plastic, and grinding down/drilling a
> billet of mild steel or aluminum, even that cold weld stuff from the
> auto store), but ended up with knurled aluminum when I noticed the
> handle of one of my "dentist" tools was just about what I was looking
> for. Besides, you've got a wood dash. Mine is painted

True- I did dye the wood black to match the other knobs/switches, but I
think having only one shiny aluminum switch would look out of place.

> P.S. I haven't figured out where I can use the steel tip from the
> "dentist" tool, yet. Any ideas? I hate to waste it.

Hmm... lessee... if it's good steel you could use it for a tiny drill bit,
or sharpen a point and it's an awl-- if soft steel, bend the end over and
use it to stir little paint-pots (Testors) with a drill

Really depends on how big it is, and what sort of "tool" you need next.
Maybe it would make a Triumph Fuzzy Seal Installation Tool.

-Malcolm