Re: Spare Wheel color

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Subject: Re: Spare Wheel color
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:23:46 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Chris Lillja wrote:

> ...disc wheel...TR4A...
> It's a dull primer black now. I was thinking of painting it a "warm silver"
>(eastwood)
> like my wire wheels. Now I've seen early TR's with body color wheels, and
>I've seen TR4's
> with Spa white wheels. Any suggestions?

Check out <http://www.vtr.org/TR4A/TR4A-wheels.html>. It's the text of a
Standard-Triumph Service Bulletin noting that wheels on all Triumphs from
about March 1963 would be finished in Spa White. I'm not too clear on
precisely when Triumph reverted to silver disc wheels (maybe the latter
part of 1968?), but I suspect that most later TR4s and probably just about
all TR4As had the Spa White discs.  The same appears to hold true for
Heralds, Sports 6s, Spitfires and 2000 sedans in the U.S. during that
period.

--Andy