Re: Tools For Engine Rebuild

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: Tools For Engine Rebuild
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 19:39:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've rebuilt four engines and have never owned or needed a micrometer.
Let the machine shop do all the measuring; there're the ones who are going
to hone the cylinders after all.

The dial guage is a little different, since you'll want to check the end
float on the crank and possibly the cam.  Get one of those, or better yet,
borrow one.

John Middlesworth
1960 TR3A
1966 TR4A