TR6 Wheel Colour

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Wheel Colour
From: "maineac" <maineac@gateway.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 19:56:32 -0400
I have been reading with interest the thread about painting Triumph wheels
silver.  This thread never seems to go away, but here's my .02 on the
subject.  I have used the "silver" paint from Eastwood and from Moss, and
my experience is that the better paint came from Moss.  The pigment in
Moss's paint is ground finer (I think) than the Eastwood paint, so it has a
more even texture and looks more "uniform" when dry.  I think the Eastwood
product would be fine for wheels, as long as you install the trim rings
that cover most of the rim and act to distract the eye.  I definitely would
use only the Moss paint for the valve cover and air filter housing on a '6
because they are so highly visible with the bonnet open.

I also bought the gizmos that Eastwood sells to paint wheels while the
tires are still mounted.  They are only strips of steel with plastic clips
(like the binding strips on a cheap-o report cover from Office Max).  They
do work well even if they are a little expensive and you say to yourself
"Gee, I coulda made those myself outta some roof flashing" when you open
the box and see them for the first time.

Tom Walling