Re: Value of a TR3?

To: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Value of a TR3?
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 20:40:34 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
don wrote:

> Hello Triumph enthusiasts,
>
> I am looking at a 1960 TR3 tomorrow that is for sale.  Car is supposed to be
> in good but not great condition- runs, drives, non-original two-tone paint.
> Has no overdrive and has disc wheels.  I am in CA so it's probably not
> rusty.  What would a reasonable price be?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Don Scott

So many questions to be asked, but here goes, these are all ifs o/k or
good == body, paint, upholstery, top, engine, trans, rear diff., RUST,
RUST, RUST, look under the carpet at the floor pans and under the car at
the floor pans, look in the trunk at the floor pans, be very careful at
the door sills, how long has he owned it, why is he sellin it, any
maintence records, now call Moss, TRF, and find any parts he may have
bought in the past few years. Now what are you planning on doing to the
car, a driver or a show car? If a nice driver is what you want, then take
what you think the car is worth, add in how much it will cost you to make
a nice driver out of it and the two figures added together should not go
over 7500.00, thats what you can buy a driver for. Hope this helps "FT"