FS 1972 TR6

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FS 1972 TR6
From: "Bill Munts" <muntsb@integrityonline12.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:03:42 -0500
Hi All,

I looked at a TR6 for sale today.  While I would love to have a TR6 someday
I don't think the time or price is right, so I thought I would pass on the
details.

Built:  Feb 1972
Miles:  Must be about 120,000 sine the OD is showing 19,000.
Engine:  Not sure if it has been rebuilt.  It has dual Weber downdrafts,
starts and idles well, oil pressure around 60 psi at start.  Didn't notice
any problems with thrust washers.  Has new cap, rotor, points and
condenser.  The engine bay looked good,maybe a little dirty...very original
except for the Webers.
Body:  One small rust spot on left rear corner of trunk lid.  Some rust in
drivers side floor pan but not bad.  It has been repainted and needs it
again.  The paint is Blue and looks like the original color (sorry forgot
to get the code number).
Frame:  Looked rust free as near as I could tell.
Interior:  The door vinyl is a bit rough.  The seat appear to be pretty
good but since they had covers on the only thing I could do was slip my
hand between the cover and seat and feel around.  I didn't feel any rips in
the vinyl.  The carpets need a good cleaning.  The interior of the trunk
looked real good. He has a new dash for it.
Top:  Looked pretty good but has some age on it.

Asking Price:  $5,500.00

Location:  Madison, Alabama  (very close to Huntsville)

Things I noticed:  Some play (cross car) in the left rear wheel when I
pulled on it.  Brake and clutch pedal felt good.  I didn't drive it so
can't comment on that.  I told the owner I would post this to the list.
The car seems like a very nice example that just needs to be painted and
the interior cleaned up.  The owner is Wayne Sampieri and you can reach him
via E-MAIL at  texastonk@aol.  I have no interest in this car and just wish
the price wasn't so high.

Cheers,

Bill Munts