spitfire electricity

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: spitfire electricity
From: FW Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 22:18:33 -0400
Altough my main passion is for my FORD, English Ford that is!, I did
have the problem of buying a Spitfire 1500 last November. I saved it
from it's anguish in a Georgia junkyard. They told me that it was there
for at least five years- obviously the hood and interior are in the
worse condition. But anyway the news today is that I finally bought a
battery for the car (DieHard Weatherhandler)34 class, and lo and behold
I have:
a functional radio (AM AND FM)
Lights- headlamps, sidemarkers, AND courtesy lamp- the light that comes
on when the door is opened
NO turn indicators
Wipers AND windscreen washer pump functions
Spark at the ignition wires
Engine turns over- although it was seized when I purchased it- a kinder
and gentler shove with the Ford Taurus turned things over

Ordered from web parts to rebuild the clutch master & slave and the
brake master and wheel cylinders- Rimmer Bros and mentioned the TRF '98
free carriage and they confirmed the order and free shipping- to the
USA!
Cheers,
--
Frank Underwood
59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible 204E/A 204E 205730