Valve Adjustment

To: <bschwart@pacbell.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Valve Adjustment
From: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:23:08 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Barry,

I grew up working in my dad's wrecking yard, learning mechanic work under a
shade tree (what's atorque wrench?, hand me the air impact..) and we always
adjusted american cars this way.

I used the same trick on my TR3 in college.

put a box end on the nut, hold feeler guage between pinkie and ring finger,
tighten until it fits...ORRRRR tighten until it stops clicking...but not too
tight.

Worked then, peerhaps I know better now..but then again, maybe not.

Robert Houston