TR6: water pump

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6: water pump
From: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 20:33:55 -0500
Listers,

When you think you have everything in good working order,
that is the time to pull out the tool box because something
is bound to go wrong.

Recently, upon starting the engine of my '74 TR6 I noticed the unmistakable
sound of the bearings in my water pump going bad,
a continuous dry squeal, with the occasional chirp. Removed
the fan belt, ran the car and the noise disappeared. Could be
the alternator, but the noise was distinctly louder from the
watre pump side.

My question is where is the best source for a good WP, and
since I have to drain some of the cooling fluids, would it
be advisable to replace all the hoses? They are in decent
shape to be 24 years old, but how good can that be?

My wife thinks I try to "find" things to fix on my LBC, but
she does not understand time is alot kinder to her than it
is to my metal female friend!

Thanks,
Jack  cf23352