Re: The Right Stuff

To: JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu
Subject: Re: The Right Stuff
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:22:07 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< But back to the real subject,
 what is the best oil and viscosity for our cars?  Castrol, Mobil 1,
 Redline, Any Old Brand, 20W50, 10W-30, 5W-30?
 Let the great debate begin.
 Bob >>

Bob,

For the crankcase in my GT6, MGA, and TR6, I've always used 20w/50 which seems
to be the most popular grade with these cars.  I've always heard (no first
hand experience) that synthetic oils will cause more leaking through the seals
due to it's viscosity characteristics, and we don't need any more leaking with
these cars do we.

Scott Helms