Newbie Introduction and Windshield Trim Installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Newbie Introduction and Windshield Trim Installation
From: Jambone <jambone6@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:34:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi!  I'm a newbie to this list and to owning a Triumph.  I recently
bought a '76 Spitfire 1500 that's in pretty good shape.  I've been
reading the posts on this list for a few weeks now, and I think it's
great.  Hopefully I'll be able to contribute someday.

I have a question regarding the chrome trim that attaches to the
rubber windshield frame.  What tools/techniques have you used to
install this trim?  The rubber frame doesn't want to slip inside the
chrome trim.  I have been able to get the trim attached in the
straight parts, but the corners are really tough.  I had the most
success using a plastic orangle peeler I borrowed from my wife's
kitchen utilities (shhh, don't tell).  I used some soapy water to
lubricate things a little.

- Brian Hill