Rollbars and Tonneau Covers

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Rollbars and Tonneau Covers
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 13:31:35 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

>>>>> "Janssen," == Janssen, Lee K <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com> writes:

    Janssen,> How do you modify a tonneau cover to fit a car
    Janssen,> with a roll bar. I can't envision how you can
    Janssen,> get a weather resistant seal with all of the
    Janssen,> required cutting.  Thanks in advance

I've seen two answers to this.  1st is a solid "sleeve" that
goes over the rollbar, similar in form to that over the
steering wheel (on a TR-4 at least).  This reduces visibility
substantially.  The other is to cut holes for the rollbar
exits, use vinyl flaps to form a gasket/water ramp of sorts
(see pathetic ASCII picture below) and zippers to the side
with flaps like the centre zipper has.

Side view of "gasket-y" thing.

          Rollbar
                \           tonneau
    flap    |    \|      /
           \|     |/
            |     |

I'm planning on doing the latter when I have my tonneau
re-done.  I may go the "velcro" route and eschew originality
in favour of convenience and maintenance on the side cuts.

                                                        -MM