Re: TR6 leaking carb

To: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 leaking carb
From: canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 98 21:45:50 -0000
Jim--

I replaced the needle valve--which WAS sticking--with a used one from a
friend and the leak stopped!  The floats look very clean and appear to be
sound.  (I now have rebuild kits on the way with grose jets for both
carbs.)  Curiously, this also fixed the popping the engine was doing
while decelerating with the clutch out down a hill.  However, the major
problem remains unsolved.  The car will start, idle and run normally, but
after 5 or 6 minutes it will begin to miss and get progressively worse
until I can barely limp home.  I have completely new ignition (except for
a coil, which is also on the way) new diaphrams and needles in the carbs,
and have adjusted the valves, timing, mixture and carb balance by the
book.

Thanks again for solving one of my problems!

Ian  CF57345U