TR6 Fuel Pump Solved

To: Art & Karen Graves <denseboy@bga.com>
Subject: TR6 Fuel Pump Solved
From: Robert Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 07:52:09 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks to all for the advice on the fuel pump.  While fiddling with it, I
noticed the same as others had told me:  the threaded hole for the
securing bolt that holds the top on the body is longer than the bolt.  I
just found a longer bolt, fashioned a new cork gasket, and carefully
tightened it up.

So far runs fine - prices varied from 51 to 65 to 88 dollars Canadian for
a new one.  I prefer the original, and as those who replied said, it lasts
longer than the replacements.

Thanks to all for their help.  This is an excellent listserv.

Robert Carley
73 TR6