Kas Kastner at Triumphest

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Kas Kastner at Triumphest
From: AKATR5@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:29:59 EDT
Hello Everybody,

I have been corresponding quite a bit with Kas Kastner who will be attending
Triumphest this year as a special guest of honor.  I have found him immensely
interesting to talk to and have learned a whole lot more about the Triumph
Competitions department which he started and headed up.  Kas says he is really
looking forward to attending Triumphest and seeing all the great cars but he
also put this question to me in his last email that I was hoping some of you
listers out there could help me answer:

        "The whole department was always kept at a pretty low key so that we
did not
        have to answer too many questions to the rules makrs at the SCCA as I
did all
of      the homologation for each new year and each new model. Anyway, I'm sure
we'll   have time to discuss lots of stuff.  By the way I'd be interested to
know what       people would like to hear , you know what story?  what era? what
car or races?   Anyway if all else fails, LIE.  See ya    Kas"

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jan M. Dawson
1968 TR250
Co-Chair Triumphest '98
VP Southern California Triumph Owners Association