TR4 headlamp bucket R&R

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 headlamp bucket R&R
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 18:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,

One of my headlights is pointed well and truly in the wrong direction.
Although having the road ahead illuminated is nice, I find it better if
more than 3 feet is illuminated at a time.

I need to do a lot of bashing to bring it up to par.

Soo....  I'd like to know if the factory service manual has got a
procedure for testing the position of a headlamp bucket so's that I know
when to stop bashing.

The Haynes manual does not go into the details of actually *fixing* a car,
they seem to think it is beyond the scope of the home mechanic.  Sigh.

Given that the headlights probably get bashed in a lot I'm hoping that the
service manual addresses this topic in a more useful manner.

thanks in advance,
-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm