Re: TRF sales - front end advice...

To: mood@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF sales - front end advice...
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:02:44 EDT
Jon,
You didn't mention what year Triumph you own. I rebuilt the front suspension
on my TR-3A several months ago as part of a ground up restoration.
In my humble opinion, the front suspension rebuild components are fairly
inexpensive. While you're in there replacing that odd bushing or two you
should continue and rebuild the entire thing.
I would replace the shocks and springs along with the rebound bumpers etc.
After all, you're in there anyway........do you really want to go back in
there in 2 or 3 years to replace that worn trunnion you didn't see to when you
had the chance?
Besides, you get the satisfaction of knowing that it's safe.....nothing left
to chance.
FWIW
Bob Stahlbush
'66 MGB