TR4 temp reading

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 temp reading
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
My temp gauge never seems to exceed 70 degrees centigrade.  Is this a sign
that everything is working properly, or is the gauge not reading right?

FWIW the gas gauge appears to be consistently wrong. (reads far too low)
I can test the gauge by disconnecting the lead and grounding it, right?

Also, I was losing fluid out the overflow today- I figured that the Bar's
Leaks had done its thing and therefore I had too much coolant in the rad.
Before it would come out a bad solder joint in the top.

Yes, I know I should have a new radiator.  But I don't have the $$$ right
now.  I might go for a re-core, or I will see if a newer rad from a
different car will fit.

Another thing I notice- the rad was making slight "gloomf" noises right
after shut down when I got home.  Is this normal, or could something be
plugged?

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm