Spitfire wheels

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire wheels
From: Spitty1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:11:12 EDT
I have a 79 spitfire that I retrofitted with a pair of pained-bolt on wire
wheels form a MkIV. I just wanted to sent anyone a warning that when you are
mounting tires onto these wheels be sure to tell the people doing it not to
spin the clamp down on the wires or have a balancing machine that dos not
require any sort of clamp....the paint will be scraped off. My car guy had to
re-sandblast, and paint, and cleat the wheels over again. The people that
balanced the wheels were very sorry and paid for the entire cost. However, I
was about a month extra without my car---this ran into June and early July. It
all came out good....and the wheels look great....just took more time than I
expected. I hope this advise saves some time in the future.

Jamie Lahy
1979 Spitfire 1500 (BrtSpit)